The Latest Business News-236841
- MCI has added a Utility Storage Service to its Enterprise Hosting Services portfolio. The on-demand storage hosting service is based on a pay-as-you-go model and is designed to offload storage and storage management tasks from IT organizations, including SAN provisioning. The outsourcing service can be combined with MCI's Smart Back Up and Enhanced Smart Back Up services. The storage utility is based on hardware/software from 3PAR and software from AppIQ in a Fibre Channel SAN environment.
- Zantaz has completed optimization of Zantaz EAS (Enterprise Archive Solution) for the Microsoft solution for hosted messaging and collaboration, which will allow service providers to offer a full-featured compliance archiving and mailbox management service to their customers. Zantaz EAS for Exchange enables organizations to create a searchable archive for the retention, management, and control of e-mail.
- Brocade SilkWorm 200E 4Gbps Fibre Channel switch has been certified compatible with all models of Engenio FC storage arrays.
- Emulex will provide Hewlett-Packard with a customized version of its InSpeed Model 350 Embedded Storage Switch for the next generation of the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) family: the HP StorageWorks EVA8000, EVA6000 and EVA4000.
- AIIM-The Enterprise Content Management Association and NPES-The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing, and Converting Technologies announced that the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has approved PDF/Archive (PDF/A). PDF/A enables organizations to archive documents electronically to ensure preservation of content over an extended period of time and that those documents can be retrieved and rendered with a consistent and predictable result in the future.
- Evertrust, a developer of storage software to meet compliance and security regulations, and Pegasus, a software company specializing in archive management solutions, have a partnership to deliver a storage solution for long-term retention, management, protection, and disposition of fixed content/reference information. The product, InveStoreACE, will be marketed through Pegasus channels and will address the requirements of major compliance regulations.
- EqualLogic has entered into a strategic partnership with Western Scientific to integrate EqualLogic's PS Series platform into its high-performance computing and storage solutions.
- Anthology Solutions, a provider of integrated storage solutions for small businesses and consumers, has named Bell Microproducts as a distributor of Anthology Solutions' Yellow Machine terabyte storage appliances.
- FalconStor's VirtualTape Library (VTL) software has successfully completed interoperability testing with Veritas NetBackup software, now from Symantec.
- XOsoft and CGNET Services International, a global provider of e-mail and network services, have signed a strategic agreement whereby CGNET will sell services using XOsoft's WANSync and WANSyncHA software.
- Iomega has introduced its REV Drive portable storage system as a built-in storage standard in a series of new IT-based line of next-generation Grass Valley acquisition, recording, and storage devices.
To access this Article, go to: