April 20, 2006
- Xyratex has signed an OEM agreement with Nimbus Data Systems. Xyratex will supply Nimbus with the HS-1235 Application Platform and the RS-1603-E3 SAS extended bunch of disks (EBOD) storage subsystems, while Nimbus will integrate their HALO storage software and advanced SAS and IP coprocessor hardware into these solutions to create the Breeze MX4 and 10G multi-service storage systems.
- GlassHouse Technologies and CA have a partnership to help customers increase the value of their enterprise storage infrastructure investments and more effectively fulfill critical operational objectives. The companies will work together to offer IT organizations a comprehensive storage management solution that combines CA's platform-agnostic software with GlassHouse's services expertise.
- RAID Inc. has executed an agreement to acquire certain assets of Zzyzx and is offering continued service to qualified Zzyzx customers. Customers who purchased Zzyzx products may register their assets from the main RAID site at www.raidinc.com.
- Infortrend's EonStor F16F-R2021 Fibre-to-Fibre, redundant controller RAID subsystem has passed qualification testing with FalconStor's IPStor solutions.
- EMC has established a managed services portfolio that enables customers to manage their information infrastructure with help from dedicated EMC personnel on-site. The Managed Services portfolio helps customers improve storage operations and more efficiently meet demanding service levels associated with administering, protecting, and storing information.
- Double-Take Software has introduced a solution for joint Double-Take Software and VMware customers. By using the two products simultaneously, customers achieve real-time data protection for virtual machines. VMware products allow customers to build a flexible server infrastructure optimized for disaster recovery with the freedom to mix physical and consolidated virtual systems at primary and recovery sites. Double-Take Software solves disaster-recovery challenges in this VMware environment by replicating business critical data off-site and providing fail-over capabilities.
- Volicon, a provider of advanced solutions for monitoring, recording, archiving, and streaming digital video, has a partnership for deep media storage with Front Porch Digital, a provider of archive management for broadcasters and other customers. The solution will offer an optional interface from the Volicon Observer into Front Porch's DIVArchive, allowing infinite media storage capacity from 5 to 10 years and beyond.
- Myricom, a provider of high-performance computing (HPC) interconnect technology, has selected Rorke Data, a subsidiary of San Jose-based Bell Microproducts, as its exclusive general-purpose US distributor for Myricom's Myri-10G 10GbE network interface cards (NICs).