June 21, 2007
- NEC has selected Xyratex Ltd.'s E5412E SAS/SATA RAID system as the external storage solution for its IA server NEC Express5800, designed for entry to medium-sized business networks. Separately, CorData, a storage networking solutions provider, has chosen the Xyratex F5402E 4Gb RAID system as a component in its line of networked storage solutions.
- Hewlett-Packard has integrated Emulex 4Gbps HBAs and EZPilot software in the new HP EVA4100 SAN Starter Kit. The new offering, which incorporates Emulex and Brocade technologies, simplifies the deployment of a SAN solution with enterprise-class features for entry-level SAN users.
- iSCSI chip and subsystem supplier iStor Networks has signed Arbitech LLC as a distribution partner. Arbitech will distribute the iS325 storage system, which combines iStor's GigaStor iSCSI network storage controller and up to 15 SATA drives. The system is available with four or eight 1Gbps Ethernet ports, or one 10Gbps Ethernet port. Separately, iStor recently rolled out its inAbled Channel Partner Program, which initially includes distributors/integrators/resellers such as Condre Storage, Variel Technology, AuraGen Technologies, Arbitech, and RAID Inc. The program includes sales and product training, lead-generation programs, pre/post-sales support, technical support, and education services. Other iStor channel partners include Accusys, ASUS, Axstor, Coma Zalohovaci Systemy, Gigabyte, Kano, Netweb, PDE Technology, Thinkmate, and XSI Data Solutions.
- Zetera's Z-SAN technology is currently shipping as the foundation for Netgear's Storage Central Turbo (SC101T).
- SteelEye Technology has launched its SteelEye Channel Partner Program. This initiative demonstrates SteelEye's commitment to provide exclusive information, access, and program benefits to its reseller partners.
- Bell Microproducts has signed a distribution agreement with Crucial Technology, a memory upgrade provider. The agreement broadens Bell Micro's product offerings into the memory and flash markets and offers Crucial's DRAM memory modules, flash memory cards, USB, and solid-state storage devices to the North American channel. Separately, Bell and Spectra Logic have entered into a distribution agreement. Bell now distributes Spectra Logic's tape libraries and disk archive solutions to thousands of US- and Canada-based VARs, OEMs, and system builders.
- Xiotech announced several new customers signed contracts for the Xiotech Magnitude 3D 3000 and Magnitude 750 storage systems. New customers include Apollo Information Services, the Archdiocese of St. Louis, Century College, DISA Inc. (Data, Integrity, Security, Administration), Kansas State Department of Education, UNOS (United Network for Organ Sharing), and Weiss Group Inc.
- QStar Technologies has announced new Vista OS support for its QStar HSM, Data Director, CD/DVD Master, and CD/DVD Axxess products.