July 19, 2007
- QLogic's SANbox 9000 Series Fibre Channel director switches are now available from Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd., and authorized Hitachi Data Systems resellers.
- Xyratex has joined The Green Grid, a non-profit global consortium of companies dedicated to advancing energy efficiency in data centers and business computing ecosystems.
- Asempra Technologies, is now an approved developer in IBM's PartnerWorld program. IBM PartnerWorld provides its members with a vast array of benefits for all IBM Business Partners--consultants, integrators, independent software vendors, and resellers.
- SunGard has reached a definitive agreement to acquire VeriCenter, a provider of managed hosting, collocation, and infrastructure services. VeriCenter will become part of SunGard Availability Services, a provider of information availability and business continuity services.
- Ciprico's RAIDCore storage software is being integrated into Hangzhou H3C Technologies' Neocean IX1000 and EX800 lines of iSCSI servers for SMBs targeted for the China market.
- Oracle and Symantec recently certified Veritas data-center software with Oracle Enterprise Linux. The certification is designed to help organizations running Symantec on Linux to reduce deployment time and implementation costs.
- GlassHouse Technologies has acquired Chicago-based server virtualization consulting company RapidApp. In addition to server virtualization, the acquisition extends GlassHouse's offerings into virtual storage, virtual desktop infrastructure, and application delivery and deployment services.
- ATTO Technology's iPBridge 2600 and iPBridge 1550 iSCSI-to-SCSI bridge products have successfully completed interoperability testing with EMC Retrospect for Mac OS X backup-and-recovery software.