September 13, 2007—
- SiliconSystems and Avnet Technology Solutions have signed a North American distribution agreement whereby Avnet will distribute SiliconSystems' line of SiliconDrive advanced storage products to embedded OEMs.
- Moonwalk, the Australian developer of all-inclusive data-protection and management software, is expanding its reseller channel in the US for its Moonwalk 6.0 software suite. The company has partnered with The Lauffin Group (TLG) to recruit resellers who will make the Moonwalk software available as a stand-alone offering or integrated with hardware solutions.
- InMage Systems has entered into a strategic partnership with iStor Networks to provide a storage offering to channel resellers and OEMs. Under the terms of the agreement, iStor will bundle a "lite" version of InMage's DR-Scout disaster recovery (DR) and continuous data protection (CDP) software solution with all shipments of its iS325 storage systems.
- Enhance Technology has introduced the EnhanceRAID R14 HDS High Definition Storage, which has been certified by Matrox Video Products Group for use with its Axio HD workstations and board-sets for real-time video editing.
- DataCore Software and Overland Storage have teamed up with Bell Micro to provide SMBs with a SAN data protection and virtualization bundle, SANensemble. Separately, DataCore now has free-to-try, downloadable, storage server software that can now run on and thin-provisioning storage from VMware virtual machines. The 30-day free trial is available for download at Datacore
- BiTMICRO Networks, maker of intelligent flash IDE/ATA, SCSI, and Fibre Channel and SATA solid-state disk (SSD) storage solutions, has secured $9.3 million in Series F funding with a team of investors led by Woodside Investments LP.
- Ness Technologies, a global provider of IT services and solutions, has formed a strategic alliance with Brocade. Ness has established a research and development center in Pune, India, to support Brocade's file area network (FAN) business.