- BlueArc has formed a technology alliance with Riverbed Technology.
- The Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA), a non-profit international organization of manufacturers, systems integrators, and vendors, announced its newly elected board of directors: Skip Jones, chairman (QLogic); Tom Hammond-Doel, vice chairman (LSI); Jeff Eckard, secretary (Network Appliance); Kevin Burbank, treasurer (PMC Sierra).
- Arrow ECS and NTP Software have signed a distribution agreement enabling Arrow to resell NTP Software products.
- iStor Networks has announced qualification of the iS325 iSCSI storage system under the Microsoft Designed for Windows Logo Program for iSCSI target devices.
- QLogic announced the availability of its storage networking solutions for the new Hewlett-Packard BladeSystem c3000 blade enclosure. Separately, Emulex's LightPulse 4Gbps LPe1105-HP Fibre Channel host bus adapter (HBA) and Voltaire Ltd.'s InfiniBand solutions are available for the HP BladeSystem c3000 enclosure.
- Sun Microsystems has become a Windows Server 2003 OEM.
- Copan Systems has secured $32.4 million in series D venture funding. Led by Battery Ventures, the round also includes participation from existing investors, including Austin Ventures, Globespan Capital Partners, Pequot Ventures, Credit Suisse, Gold Hill Capital, Presidio STX, and NTT Leasing Capital (USA).
- QLogic's SANbox 6142 intelligent storage router is now available from Hitachi Data Systems, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd., and authorized Hitachi Data Systems resellers.