December 13, 2007
- nCipher plc has acquired the majority of the intellectual property and assets of NeoScale Systems. The company has purchased certain assets that were previously owned by NeoScale, from Hercules Technology II LP.
- iStor Networks has achieved the Microsoft Simple SAN for Windows Server partner designation as a Microsoft Simple SAN Component as well as the Designed for Microsoft Windows Server 2003 logo for Microsoft Virtual Disk Service (VDS) for the iS325.
- StoneFly, a wholly owned subsidiary of Dynamic Network Factory, announced that the US Patent and Trademark Office has granted the company US patent 7,302,500, entitled "Packet-Based Storage Processing." The patent was awarded for the technology driving StoneFly's storage virtualization engine.
- Iron Mountain has launched its Iron Mountain Digital's Global Partner Program. The new program presents one standard, global partnership program that extends the company's technology business unit's reach beyond its traditional base of North America into other key geographies and vertical markets.
- Data Domain announced certification of its De-duplication Storage systems by CommVault, Index Engines, and Kazeon for their respective e-discovery products.
- Seagate Technology has signed an agreement to acquire MetaLINCS. MetaLINCS will become part of the Seagate Services Group and support its mission to help business customers protect and manage valuable company information. Financial terms were not disclosed.
- Atempo's Time Navigator backup-and-recovery software, which includes a time-based restoration process, now supports Apple's Mac OS X Leopard platform.