February 14, 2008
- The Fibre Channel Industry Association (FCIA) this week announced that the T11 Technical Committee adopted a common addressing structure for the Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) standard. FCIA supporters include Amphenol, Broadcom, Brocade, Cisco, Corning Cable, EMC, Emulex, Finisar, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi Data Systems, IBM, Intel, LSI, Mellanox, Network Appliance, Nuova Systems, PMC-Sierra, QLogic, and TrueFocus. FCoE enables SAN traffic to be natively transported over Ethernet networks.
- QLogic and LSI> will be working together to cross-certify InfiniBand-based storage systems from LSI with QLogic InfiniBand networking products.
- Moonwalk, the Australian developer of all-inclusive data management and protection software, has signed 15 US channel partners through The Lauffin Group since the two companies entered into a definitive reseller referral agreement last October. Separately, Moonwalk has certified Syncsort's Backup Express with its Moonwalk 6.0 software suite, delivering a high-performance, stable, supported, and vendor-neutral archive, backup and disaster-recovery offering for heterogeneous networks.
- Isilon Systems' IQ clustered storage systems have been tested for interoperability with Enterprise Vault from Symantec.
- Bell Micro has signed an agreement with long-time partner Hitachi Data Systems to distribute the new Hitachi Simple Modular Storage 100 product line.
- CipherMax's CM140T storage security solution and KeyCruiser lifecycle management system have been certified with the HP TAC Partner Program for HP Storage Works VTLs.
- Atempo has acquired Lighthouse Global Technologies, developer of E-Trail Digital Archive, an open architecture e-mail archiving solution.
- Voltaire Ltd., a provider of grid backbone solutions for the data center, has renewed its OEM contract with IBM through 2010 and introduced two new products into the IBM BladeCenter product portfolio.