HighGround enhances SRM
Last month, HighGround Systems released version 2.0 of its Storage Resource Manager software for Windows NT-based predictive reporting and storage management. (For a hands-on review of the product, see IT/IS Labs review.)
The new release includes a number of enhancements to the Web-based storage management tool, including:
- Exception-based management of NT disks, partitions, files and users with network-wide thresholds on user consumption (quota management), disk partition free space and disk defects.
- Alerts via email, SNMP traps, and the NT event log.
- Computer, user, and partition groups for management along organizational, geographical, or business lines.
- Enhanced control over network scan times and scan frequencies to fit network schedules.
- Group-based rollup reports for storage accounting.
- Integration with SNMP management frameworks such as CA-Unicenter, HP OpenView, and Tivoli TME.
- Support for Digital Alpha NT servers and workstations.
In addition, HighGround reduced the price of SRM to $995 per server for the Network Edition, or $495 for the Single Server Edition. An SRM Agent for Windows NT Server is priced at $399; for NT Workstation, $49.