The gaming market has been expanding crazily. According to Newzoo, a top-of-the-line game market research organization, the cloud gaming market is projected to reach billions of dollars. Statistics show that the cloud gaming market, worth USD 633 million in 2020, is expected to cross USD 5 billion in 2023, and by the end of 2024, it might reach USD 6.5 billion. The number of users of cloud gaming services will be close to 60 million.
However, if you are unaware of this phenomenon, you are in the right place. Don’t know what cloud gaming is? Want to join the bandwagon but confused about the best cloud gaming services in 2022? We will carefully explain these pointers in the following paragraphs, as our team of gaming experts and geeks have stringently tested everything and created an assortment. So, stay connected.
What Are Cloud Gaming Services?
Before listing the best cloud gaming services in 2022, you must understand what cloud gaming is. Cloud gaming is also known as gaming on demand or gaming as a service.
It is online gaming where video games are hosted and processed on remote internet servers. Those games can be directly streamed on the gamer’s device. In other terms, he is playing a game on the cloud. The process is similar to video-on-demand services and remote desktops.
The client software handles the gamer’s inputs and sends them directly to the remote server to be executed in-game. The top cloud gaming services are increasing in demand as it eliminates the need to purchase expensive computer hardware to install and play a game.
Also, see Best Apple Watch Games To Download From App Store.
Best Cloud Gaming Services In 2023
With several people worldwide joining the bandwagon of cloud gaming services, our experts have jumped right in the middle to test several cloud gaming services, keeping various parameters in mind. Under their eagle eye, many features, pros, and cons have been revealed, which has helped create a compilation of the ten best cloud gaming services in 2022. Please keep reading to find them out.
1) PlayStation Now – The Ultimate Cloud Gaming Solution For The Family
PlayStation Now has merged with PlayStation Plus and is available as the latter with all its features, pricing, plans, etc. Our experts believe that the PlayStation Plus, brought to you by Sony, is the ultimate cloud gaming solution with state-of-the-art catalogs of cutting-edge and classic games – totaling more than 700 titles that can be played using PS5, PS4, PS4 Pro, and even a PC at times. It is one of the popular cloud gaming services in 2022.
Along with older membership plans, the Sony PlayStation Plus has launched three new membership plans – Premium, Extras, and Essentials with features like online multiplayer games, share play, monthly games, cloud storage, and more! Featuring all-time fan favorites like God of War and Uncharted, to nostalgic hits like Grand Theft Auto and their subsequent versions, the PlayStation Now by Sony exhibits some recent gaming gems like Assassin’s Creed Valhalla and many more.
- Over 700 on-demand gaming options.
- Graphics-rich games can be played using PS VR for maximum impact.
- Minimum bandwidth of 5 Mbps is required.
- Sony recommends a wired connection over wireless for better effects.
PlayStation Now Website: playstation.com
2) Amazon Luna – The Cheapest Cloud Gaming Services
Amazon Luna is one of the best cloud gaming services to date offered to the public by Amazon.com. Luna offers you easy access to more than hundreds of gaming titles spanning genres and ages. You can use multiple devices like Amazon Fire TV, Fire tablets, Windows PC, Macbooks, Samsung Smart TVs, Chromebooks, iPad, iPhones, and Android phones to access all these games.
One of the exciting features that make the Luna special is the Amazon Luna Couch which enables you to play with your companions across the country or the world if you are playing from a region where Amazon Luna is available.
The pricing depends on the channels offered for subscriptions, like Jackbox, Luna+, Ubisoft+, Prime Gaming, Family Channel, and Retro Channel. The Ubisoft+ subscription is the priciest, at USD 17.99 per month, and gives you access to all Ubisoft games.
While Prime Gaming comes free, Luna+ comes at USD 9.99 monthly after a 7-day free trial and offers access to more than 100 games. The Family and Retro Channels are priced at USD 5.99 and USD 4.99 per month and offer games to play similar to the titles of these subscriptions.
- A variety of latest games like Resident Evil 7, Far Cry 4, Devil May Cry 5, and Sonic Mania Plus
- Integrating Twitch with your Luna enables you to interact socially with others and share gameplay.
- Difficult to choose from so many subscription packages.
- You need an internet bandwidth of 10 Mbps or 5GHz wireless or wired networks.
Amazon Luna Website: amazon.com/luna
3) NVIDIA GeForce Now – The Future Of Cloud Gaming
The NVIDIA GeForce Now claims to be the future of cloud gaming, providing access to sensational gaming titles spanning genres and ages. This innovative cloud gaming service enables you to link to your online Steam, UPlay, or Epic Games Store accounts, access countless games, and play them. It is hosted on NVIDIA’s remote servers and can be accessed via iOS Safari, iPad, iPhones, and any Android device with more than 2 GB RAM.
Unlike other cloud gaming services like Google Stadia, you cannot buy your favorite games as GeForce Now doesn’t offer a gaming collection to play online games on-demand directly. Amongst the most popular titles are the latest Fortnite, Apex Legends, World of Tanks, Destiny 2, Dauntless, Warframe, etc., and your online accounts would help you access them and play for free. You can download or buy these games via these online stores or linked DRM platforms.
- NVIDIA GeForce Now enables you to access countless games by connecting with your online Steam, UPlay, or Epic Games Store accounts.
- It has three straightforward subscriptions: Free, Priority, and RTX 3080, which offer 60 minutes, 6 hours, and 8 hours of playing sessions.
- You cannot directly play, buy, or download games using this cloud gaming service if you don’t have any of the above accounts.
- The RTX 3080 plan needs at least 15 Mbps for 720p resolution, 25 Mbps for 1080p resolution and 35 Mbps for 1440p resolution.
NVIDIA GeForce Now Website: nvidia.com
4) Google Stadia – Simple And More Straightforward Cloud Gaming Services
Google Stadia is one of the most hi-tech cloud gaming services, which makes it one of the most popular cloud gaming services available. It does not need specific feature-rich devices or heavy-duty computers and can be easily accessed via multiple devices to play your favorite games on demand. One of the high points of Google Stadia is that the games are first rendered by Google, after which you can stream them quickly on your device, irrespective of its specifications.
However, its availability in 22 countries worldwide has limited the impact that Google Stadia could have on the future of cloud gaming. It has more than 200 gaming titles like Cyberpunk 2077, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Borderlands 3, etc., from which only a few can be accessed via the free version that offers 60-minute uninterrupted gameplay sessions. The Stadia Pro package comes with a trial and then USD 9.99 per month subscription.
- The Google Stadia Pro package is fully feature-loaded with 5.1 surround sound, 4K resolution, and HDR.
- The Google Stadia lets you buy games not listed on the platform at discounted rates.
- Limited gaming availability with Stadia’s free version
- It is only available across the US, the UK, and other EU nations.
Google Stadia Website: stadia.google.com
5) Shadow – Cloud Gaming Service Enabling Remote PC
The site of Shadow declares that “it’s your PC, in the cloud.” This cloud gaming service enables an entire Windows PC to be streamed directly through the cloud along with Linux, Android, macOS, iOS, Android TV, and tvOS. Streaming a remote PC ensures that you can lay your hands on high-performance games worldwide. Thus our experts often say that Shadow is one of the top cloud gaming services.
With access to a remote PC, you can download and play any game of your choice compatible with that particular platform. However, many experts consider Shadow overpriced compared to its cloud gaming service counterparts. Apart from the base price, there are additional bucks to be paid for each of the features opted for.
- Using this remote PC, you can download and play any game of your choice from an open gaming library.
- Best cloud gaming for Mac support, and the remote high-end Windows 10 PC to play any game of your choice by connecting it to any device (that connects to the internet) at the highest possible resolution.
- Without Power Upgrades that come with significant expenses, you will only get the remote PC at the primary level.
- Shadow recommends a minimum bandwidth of at least 15 Mbps with cable, fiber, DSL, mobile 4G LTE, or internet connectivity for proper resolution.
Shadow Website: Shadow.tech
6) Paperspace – Ideal Cloud Gaming Service For Casual Gamers
Paperspace could be one of the best cloud gaming services for those who are not gaming nerds or game freaks but like gaming occasionally to let off steam. Although there hasn’t been much buzz around this cloud gaming service, it offers one of the best combos of available features.
You have to choose a plan connected to a virtual remote gaming rig. Thus you can access it and download, purchase, or play any game of your choice by accessing any store or library through the Paperspace cloud gaming service.
- Theoretically, you can do unrestricted gaming and purchase any PC game using this remote gaming rig.
- The Paperspace servers enjoy good coverage because they are stationed in the US and Europe and run on Windows and NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Subscription plans offer monthly unlimited game time or per-hour charges from which casual gamers can benefit greatly.
- All plans come with an additional USD 5 per month storage fee and are also priced based on the graphics card’s power.
Paperspace Website: paperspace.com
7) Playkey -Best Cloud Gaming Services Preferred By Crypto Enthusiasts
Amongst the cloud gaming services our experts have reviewed, Playkey appears unique and is powered by Wargaming, Bethesda, and Ubisoft. Although it does not contain an inexhaustible library like GeForce Now, you can use this cloud gaming platform built on the blockchain to connect to your Steam account and play most of the games in the library.
It can work on low-powered systems. Along with these, Playkey exhibits one of the most authentic performances with its 4-core i7s and 20 GB RAM, making it one of the top cloud gaming services in 2022.
- Playkey employs decentralized cloud computing where multiple servers running high-end NVIDIA graphics cards team up and distribute resources.
- Playkey has a good range of top gaming companies on board.
- There is no remote access to a physical PC or a server.
- Playkey needs to provide the user with an interface and include a gaming store or library if approved.
Playkey Website: playkey.net
8) Blacknut – The Cloud Gaming Experience You Desire
Blacknut is one of the best cloud gaming services in 2022, built to appease the regular gamer community with more than 500 gaming titles on any of your screens with internet connectivity. You can create a remote gaming platform without any lock-in contract and terminate at choice, with dirt-cheap prices like USD 15.99 per month.
Blacknut promises high-resolution gaming, so you can start playing instantly without installation or download. With parental controls and the absence of any in-game purchases, Blacknut is an excellent subscription to have in 2022.
- You can start playing on a particular device, and due to the online save and high-end remote gaming experience, pick it up later from where you left off on another device.
- The platform security is commendable.
- Random game crashes are regular features.
- Input latency is too high for some games to load.
Blacknut Website: blacknut.com
9) Netboom – PC & Remote Mode Cloud Gaming Services
Netboom is another cloud gaming service in 2022 that offers two modes. One is the PC mode, where you can convert your device into a remote PC with only internet connectivity. The other mode is the gaming mode, where you have several choices in hand that are categorized by genres like Popular games – Fortnite, Grounded, Hitman 3, etc., Action games – God of War, GTA 5, FPS, Racing Games, and others.
The PC mode gives a guarantee of security and better hardware. In contrast, the gaming mode enables account sharing – where the user can share their remote account; assistant account mode, where they can play with their account; single-player mode – where they can directly plug in and play; and even offline gaming.
- A Netboom subscription is worth it, as you don’t need to purchase game licenses from third parties. You can do that from the platform itself.
- Multiple modes give you a lot of options for serious gaming.
- Data consumption is speedy.
- More expensive than other cloud gaming services like Boosteroid and Loudplay.
Netboom Website: netboom.com
10) Rainway – Feature Loaded Cloud Gaming Service Unlocked
Rainway is one of the fastest growing cloud gaming services out there as it converts your android and iOS devices, browser, tv, macOS, etc., into the remote pc ideal for gaming. The library contains some of the most-loved games like DOTA 2, Counter-Strike 3, PUBG, Battlegrounds 2, etc.
The platform is claimed to have been created by gamers and game designers for the true-spirited gamer in you. Our experts also say that there is a guarantee of privacy and security in the process by which it is built.
- Rainway even works with the games you own separately, and you can stream them via this cloud gaming platform.
- It boasts zero ads and no additional purchases.
- According to our experts, Rainway seems particularly prone to network hiccups, which might ruin a good moment in a game.
- Latency varies impeccably depending on the game that is being played.
Rainway Website: rainway.com
Also, read Best Free Offline Games For PC To Download.
If you are a gaming freak, then we hope our experts have done a neat job and painted a clear picture of the best cloud gaming services in 2022 in the curated assortment above. You can quickly know which one to subscribe to if your gaming objectives are clear.
Infostor.com(c). Researched and Published by Infostor- No Rewrite or Copy without permission.