Are you looking for the best software for a gaming PC in July 2023? Your search ends as this article walks through 10 different applications that stir up your gaming experience. As the industry evolves, more than choosing the right hardware is required. With the correct set of software, your gaming PC can become incomparable.
The best gaming software is not all about virus protection or cleaning up the junk filled on your desktop. Let’s get into the list without further ado.
10 Best Free Software For Gaming PC – Overview
The software mentioned below covers different agendas like streaming online and video recording, matching your skillset and gaming requirements. Certain software adds really cool features and keeps your CPU safe by maintaining the required temperature.
- Steam – Best Gaming Library
- Razer Cortex: Game Booster – Marks up the Gaming Performance
- OBS Studio – One Stop Solution for all your video recording needs
- CPU-Z – System Information Software
- Iolo System Mechanic – Optimizes your gaming pc like never before
- F.lux – Protects you from the Blue Light
- Team Speak – Top-notch communication facility
- LogMeIn Hamachi – Covers your VPN needs
- MSI Afterburner – Unleash the true potential of your GPU
- Piriform CCleaner – Best Gaming Software in town
As the list of software grows with time, choosing the best gaming software becomes tougher. Check out our list of the ten best software for a gaming pc which covers all the required aspects.
1) Steam – Best Gaming Software Library
Steam offers the best gaming library that covers all gaming software categories in a single place. With Steam, PC owners can enjoy a safe and reliable environment similar to what you find on closed-box consoles. You can browse and download unlimited software for free with Steam.
Whether you’re an avid gamer or just starting, Stream has something for everyone! With Stream, you can quickly launch both Indie games and big-budget triple-A titles straight from the software. Additionally, you can take advantage of Stream’s achievement system to track your progress and use Big Picture mode for comfortable gaming on a larger screen.
- Huge discounts on recently released gaming software
- Manipulative rating often makes users fall prey to fake software downloads.
2) Razer Cortex: Game Booster – Software That Provides Best FPS Experience
Optimizing and boosting your gaming pc is a smart choice to acknowledge longer gaming sessions. This powerful application provides the best fps experience and accelerates your system performance, opening a world of possibilities.
With longer gaming sessions, it is natural for your CPU to get heated. As one opts for this software, one can be worry-free and enjoy the game without lag.
- Free of any hidden cost
- Limited user experience
3) OBS Studio – Solution For All Your Video Recording Needs
As the gaming industry is booming, individuals opt for streaming as a secondary source of income. Providing a sustainable and better user experience becomes a cakewalk with proper gadgets.
OBS Studio is an outstanding video editing tool that also offers video recording facilities. Users can add different media files to the recorded video with optimized channels and create engaging content. Similarly, voice-over and webcam recording provide enhanced facilities that enable one to outsource premium content in the long run.
- Smart tools make the video editing process seamless
- Tools can be difficult to interpret at times
4) CPU-Z – System Information Software
Keeping track of all your hardware specifications is important to maximize the performance level of your gaming PC; CPU-Z is a great tool for achieving this. This freeware provides detailed information, including processor name and number, codename, process, package, cache levels; mainboard and chipset; memory type, size, timings, and module specifications (SPD).
In addition, its detection engine is customizable via the CPUID System Information Development Kit – a professional SDK designed specifically for Microsoft Windows & Android.
- Easy-to-use user interface
- Difficult to interpret the data provided for amateurs
5) Iolo System Mechanic – Optimizes Your Gaming Pc
If you’re running short on hard disk space or looking for a composing solution for needs like optimization, performance booster, and virus protection, then Iolo System Mechanic solves your problem.
Being PC Magazine’s choice, Iolo is the best software for a gaming pc as it integrates different facilities in a compact version. This smart software consumes lesser hard disk space and saves you from the embarrassment of stacking up your SSD space.
- Excellent customer support and unlimited access
- Costly compared to its competitors
6) F.lux – Software That Protects You From The Blue Light
Long gaming sessions can have straining effects on your eyes. While there are different eyeglasses to protect you from it, using optimization software to avoid the eerie blue glow is an innovative solution. F.lux is an intelligent software that optimizes your screen glow depending on the hours you spend. F.lux can set up the desktop to avoid damage to your eyes by providing vital information like your sleep time and duration.
While the screen light doesn’t harm you during the day, it can have long-term adverse effects on your eyes. Therefore, opt for this gaming software as soon as possible!
- Reduces strain on the eyes
- It doesn’t eliminate blue light exposure completely.
7) TeamSpeak –Software That Provides Top Security
Revolutionizing the industry, TeamSpeak provides outstanding features that are hard to localize anywhere else. Giving 100% control to the user, TeamSpeak avoids any usage of centralized servers and, therefore, commits to their word. Keeping security as a priority, AES-based encryption adheres to military-grade security standards.
Ultimately, TeamSpeak stands as the best software for gaming performance when enjoying communication facilities during gameplay.
- Superior experience compared to its competitors
- Minimum text-chat features
8) LogmeIn Hamachi – Software That Provides You A Secure VPN
Empowering LAN-like networks, Hamachi by LogMeIn provides incomparable services to users looking for VPN. The team has well-catered to every signal nook, from encrypted communication to configured network management.
On the other hand, Centralized software deployment avoids any lag issues and encourages higher user numbers to participate in gaming activity.
- Impeccable Customer Support
- The software comes in paid version exclusively
9) MSI Afterburner – Most Used Graphics Card Software
While you are completely in control of different software installed, keeping track of the hardware becomes tough. With MSI Afterburner’s help, you can Maximize your GPU’s performance. This software enables you to access your hardware’s voltage settings, allowing you to optimize the output for improved performance.
This overclocking software lets you fine-tune the video memory and clock speed, allowing for improved performance potential. Similarly, features like an on-screen display and hardware monitor make MSI Afterburner the best software for a gaming pc.
- You can avail it in non-MSI GPU devices as well
- Overclocking must be handled wisely. Any inexperienced action can damage the hardware.
10) Piriform CCleaner – Software That Boosts PC Speed
Piriform CCleaner is your one-stop solution for PC Privacy and Performance Optimization. From deleting your browsing history to clearing a useless system’s registry, Piriform has created a reliable tool. Similarly, it can clear installed software without hampering other data on your storage disk.
- Reliable and Seamless UI/UX design
- Limited access under the free version
Why Should You Have The Best Software Program And Apps For Your Gaming Pc?
With different applications in play, a gaming pc is better optimized, offering superior performance and better gaming sessions. Similarly, the longevity of a gaming pc comes into question when different applications like virus protection are not installed.
Therefore, unleash the true potential of your desktop using the tools mentioned in this article!