A grammar check would be helpful in any text-processing program. No matter how bad your real-world English skills are, downloading a writing editor may help you identify spelling and grammar mistakes. As you type, it makes your work look professional, especially when quality content is paramount for your work.
Even though most word processors, including Microsoft Word, have their own spell-check feature and all the basic features required for a writer to have full control of the quality of the content. Having something that does more than spell-check or basic editing is much of the desired tool to use these days, where you also have grammar and clarity suggestions that might make writing easier for everyone.
The most well-known free writing tool that may be more than spell checks and helps you get rid of grammatical and spelling errors in your work is called Grammarly. It includes desktop and mobile applications, a Grammarly add-in for Microsoft Office products, and extensions for Chrome, Firefox, Edge, and Safari.
Know About Grammarly Add-In To Word For Windows
Use the Grammarly Add-In for Microsoft Word to check for correct writing mistakes or the writing style in your Word documents.
There are two paths to install Grammarly for Word. One method to insert it into Word is to download and install the Grammarly for Microsoft Office plugin. Alternatively, check for problems in your Word document by dragging and dropping it into the Grammarly desktop application for PC or Mac after downloading and installing it.
How To Install Grammarly On Word For Windows:
1) Open a browser and navigate to https://www.grammarly.com/office-addin.
You will land across a page like this:
2) Click on the hovering green button “Get the add-in,” as shown below, to get started with Grammarly for free.
3) Once we click that button, a .exe file will automatically be downloaded. Click on open, and the .exe file will run.
4) The program installation box will appear when you click on open, and now we can click on ‘Get Started’ and head for the installation of Grammarly add-in on MS Word.
5) Choose the Microsoft Office application you want the Grammarly add-in installed on. To launch the Grammarly add-in for Microsoft Office installation, click the Install button as illustrated below. You may also use the same procedures mentioned above with MS Outlook.
6) We now need to restart Microsoft Office Word after installation before running the Grammarly add-in.
How To Activate Grammarly On Word After Installation?
To activate the Grammarly Word add-in plugin, open Microsoft Office Word, click on the Home tab shown below, and click the Open Grammarly button. It will automatically check your pages or words for faults and suggest good language use and spelling.
You may be requested to create or sign up for a free account before you can begin using the Grammarly add-in on MS Word. You may also opt to sign in with your Facebook or Google account.
Now we can easily play around with the Grammarly add-in and get the desired content on Word with minimal spelling mistakes, grammar, and plagiarism.
Now let’s look at how to install the same Grammarly add-in for Mac OS users.
How To Install Grammarly On Word For Mac OS:
The installation process for Mac OS is very different compared to the Windows part. To install the Grammarly add-in for Word on Mac OS, we need to follow the given steps below:
1) On a Mac, launch Microsoft Word and open a Word document.
Click Get Add-ins on the Insert tab. This will launch the Office Store, where you may search for and download numerous add-ins for Office products.
2) In the store, browse for Grammarly and click Grammarly for Microsoft Word.
3) To add the Grammarly add-on to Word for Mac, click Get It Now.
4) When you click the Enable Grammarly button, it will automatically examine your typing for mistakes and give fixes.
Alternatively, you can go to https://www.grammarly.com/desktop/mac to download and install the Grammarly desktop program for Mac. After installing the software, use Microsoft Word and begin typing. A hovering Grammarly widget may be seen checking your writing errors.
Also read: Microsoft Outlook Crashing Lately? Here Is How To Fix It
How To Install Grammarly For Word Through The Microsoft AppSource
You may also look for Grammarly on Microsoft AppSource. Click “Get It Now” if the app shows in the search results.
As mentioned above in the illustration, we can follow the steps:
1) Head over to the AppSource page using your browser. https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/home
2) Search for the Grammarly add-on in the search bar.
3) You will be redirected to the download page, where you can click on ‘Get It Now’ and install Grammarly on your system.
4) Sign in to your Microsoft account to successfully download and install the Grammarly add-on for Word on your system.
5) Once successfully logged in, you can click on ‘Get It Now.’ It will install and redirect to Microsoft 365 to complete the process.
6) Once it processes the request, we will be presented with a page where we have to click on ‘Open in Word.’
7) It will then ask for permission to take us to MS Word.
8) After successfully installing the add-in, you may access it by selecting the add-in button on the Home tab.
This tutorial introduces Grammarly for Word and demonstrates how to add the Grammarly plugin to Microsoft Word to have it automatically check and correct your typing errors. Grammarly provides the power of a comprehensive solution that will integrate with popular word processors such as Microsoft Word and Google Docs to improve your writing, spelling errors, and style. Grammarly is the most popular writing, grammar, and plagiarism checker for many authors worldwide.
Originally published on Infostor.com(c).